The Latino Cancer Institute (TLCI) is dedicated to the promotion of education, services, research, and policy that impact Latinos nationwide around issues of cancer.
We are developing a national network of Latino cancer serving agencies. This network is united in common cause to:
- Develop and share best practices
- Collaborate with research to address Latino cancer knowledge and concerns
- Advocate for regulation and policy that improves access and equity of care to diminish risk and mortality
Why you should join The Latino Cancer Institute Network!
This network enables disparate Latino groups to unite their voices to have a greater impact on cancer issues, resource distribution, and policy.
The benefits of this network include:
- Connecting with a network of other stakeholders operating in the cancer space
- Learning from each other in quarterly teleconferences
- Developing and sharing best practices
- Joining timely webinars and
- Work collaboratively on issues specific to Latino cancer
- Collaborating on research projects
- Proposing and supporting policy related issues
Members receive a license(s) for TLCI’s Online Portal. This portal provides access to:
- Training* – provide online Spanish language training programs for your staff of community health workers (Hereditary Breast Cancer Toolkit – to be released in last quarter of 2019)
- Learning – Check in to our science cafes. talk to the experts, hear the latest research on Latinos
- Sharing – Your staff of
promotores(community health workers) can join monthly charlasto share concerns and learn from each other
*Access for member agencies only
What is expected of Network members?
The Network relies on members to participate and support our collective work. Responsibilities include:
- Pay dues and/or fees* (sliding scale based on budget)
- Join a committee
- Attend quarterly teleconference meetings
- Help recruit new associates to the network
- Assist in
developmentof surveys and questionnaires to improve services, research collaborations or address policy concerns
*Membership dues and fees help support website maintenance and the online training portal, course development, and special projects